Sunday, March 6, 2011

Everything Coming Together

Our family's laptop computer decided to call it quits on Friday and refused to boot up. After a trip to the Genius Bar yesterday, it is back in business. It was less than a year old so completely under warranty. It also took less than an hour to fix even though the hard drive was damaged. Thanks Apple!

I've been feeling quite anxious over the past two days. There is a lot going on in my life right now. In one week, we move to the new house. I won't be there because I have a previous committment to haul a group of six girls to weekend girl scout camp. When I return next Sunday, my house will be in a new place. How strange that will be. I'm preparing myself to give notice at work at the end of the month. I'm looking for a new part-time job. And preparing for one of the biggest changes in my life to date.

As with any real big thing, there seems to be always those moments of uncertainty when it seems that everything will fall apart. That is where I am. In that place, where the mountain seems higher and steeper that my body has the ability to climb. Immediately, I'm stressed about getting the house packed. There are a million little things that need to be done right now. I find myself flitting back and forth between tasks and never really finishing anything. In the longer term, I'm just uncertain how everything will play out.

Right now, all I have is today. I can't worry about what tomorrow will bring or about the move next weekend. Heck, I won't even be there. I need to keep reminding myself that with any big task, everything happens one little bit at a time. Only one box can be packed at any time. Slow and steady wins the race. I just wish I didn't have rabbit DNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment