Thursday, March 17, 2011

25 and 23 days.

25 days left
Numero Quattordici
What I’m looking forward to: volunteering more and getting involved. I took my daughter’s Girl Scout troop on a camping trip this past weekend. It was a lot of fun and exhausting. At the closing ceremony, the camp director asked how many of the girls had tried something challenging or learned something new or made new friends. All of the girls raised their hands for each question. I hope to do a lot more not only for in my community but elsewhere too.

What I’m leaving behind: working when I’m sick. Because of the nature of my job, there are certain expectations that I’ll be present at work regardless of circumstances. This puts a lot of stress on me as I have to decide how sick I am and whether I can “afford” to stay home from work to rest and get better.

23 Days Left
Numero Quindici

24 days was spent recovering from the stomach flu at home.

What I’m looking forward to: staying on top of the laundry. I know that this may seem kind of silly. It is something that I have never, ever been able to do. I always have either a pile of dirty waiting to be washed or a pile of clean laundry waiting to be folded. I often have many piles of both around the house. Even now, after I’ve unpacked nearly every moving box in the house, there are two large boxes full of clean laundry that sit in the hall unopened, unpacked. You may ask why I am looking forward to this. Well, I’ve found that I am the type of person who does much better mentally and emotionally when my house is in order. I feel better, I get more done. I’m much more able to relax at the end of the day when I have a relatively clean house than I do with a messy disorganized one. I’ve improved in keeping up the house, but I have yet to master the laundry.

What I’m leaving behind: being left in the dark and the last to know. The management where I work for the most part has little respect for the employees. We’ve twice in the past few months found out major news about our department from people outside our department. Very little information is shared, which leaves us for the most part suspicious and constantly looking for information (gossip).

No comments:

Post a Comment