Thursday, February 24, 2011

Face to the Sun

It was chilly this morning as I waited for the elevator at the parking garage this morning. When I walked to the edge near the railing and lifted my face, I could feel the sun warming me. I closed my eyes. “This is how flowers must feel”, I thought.

I’ve been anxious to leave my job and start my new “real life”. So much so that nine more weeks seems like an eternity. As I lifted my face to the sun this morning, I realized that there can be beautiful happy moments now. I shouldn’t wait until everything is set in place for me to drink in life. I can appreciate it right now. Yes, I’m still stuck from 8:30am to 5:00pm in my drab grey cubicle. Right outside my window though is a splashing fountain on a rooftop deck and people walking to and fro down a tree-lined street. There is beauty around me. There are people that I care about nearby, my coworkers, dear friends whom I’ve spent so much time with over the past six years. I only have so much time left here with them too.

Even though it’s a cold morning and promises to be colder still as a storm comes through tomorrow, I think I’ll still look for the sun, lift my face and appreciate the beauty that is all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment